The type of support we can provide
If you find it hard to manage your home, we can provide a named support worker who can help you with the following things:
- Benefit advice and help with making claims.
- Help to manage your money, for example opening bank accounts, setting up direct debits and standing orders, budget planning, talking with creditors.
- Understanding your tenancy.
- Help to get in touch with other services, for example the local Council, Health, the Benefits Agency, debt management and help with drug and alcohol problems.
- Managing your home, for example, fire safety, crime prevention, setting up utilities, dealing with neighbours, finding somewhere more suitable to live, getting your home adapted to your needs etc.
- Finding training and employment.
- Finding out about services where you live, for example social clubs, libraries, G.P and chemists, transport etc.
- Advice on staying healthy, for example diet, exercise, quitting smoking.
How to access our tenancy support services
You can get in touch with our Swansea Floating support team by ringing Jill Pethick, on 01792 482763 Monday – Friday or e-mailing her at Jill.Pethick@fha-wales.com. Jill will get back to you within 24 hours of receiving your e-mail to talk about the support you need and to arrange to visit you if needs be.
We can only give support to tenants living in the Ammanford area. You can find out more by ringing Jill Pethick on 01792 482763 Monday – Friday or e-mailing her at Jill.Pethick@fha-wales.com. Jill will get back to you within 24 hours of receiving your e-mail to talk about the support you need and to arrange to visit you if needs be
If you do not live in this area, Jill will still be able to put you in touch with someone covering where you live in.
You can also contact our Tenancy Management Team on 01792 482702 or our Rents Team on 01792 482705. They will talk to you about you need and put you in touch with the right service. You can also ring them on our Freephone number 0800 0213930, but some mobile networks will charge for this.
Specialist Support Services
Water Assist Scheme – If you are struggling with paying water charges you can talk to Chris Smith on 01792 482764 or e-mail him at email@example.com. Chris can help you find the best tariffs and find the best ways to pay off any arrears you may have.